The article Holistic Holiday Wellness: Five Tips to Stay Healthy Naturally (written in 2009, but still topical today) offers readers five helpful tips to stay healthy during the holiday season. To read the article in its entirety, click on the link above, but in a nutshell, here are the five tips the article offers:
1. Boost Your Immune System – Strengthening your immune system is the best way to arm yourself against any cold or flu.
2. Get Your Sleep – This tip helps you boost your immune system and stay stress-free. The busy holiday season is not a time to skip sleep.
3. Water Your Hands Properly – Forget all the hype about anti-bacterial soap. Washing your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds (about the amount of time it takes to sing Happy Birthday) will do the trick. Keep hand sanitizer handy (purse or pocket) for the times you can’t wash. (I have hand sanitizer attached to my purse and in my cars.)
4. Reduce Your Stress – The above tips help you manage stress, as does exercise. Working to reduce your stress will help you stay healthy.
5. Eat Healthy – This is always a great way to stay healthy naturally. Watch out for holiday overindulgence.
Since getting enough quality sleep is an important part of staying healthy, it is important to sleep on a comfortable mattress. A memory foam mattress reduces pressure points and helps you sleep more restfully. To learn more about memory foam, check out our Guide to Memory Foam.