It is very important to me that the foams we use in our mattresses and toppers be as safe and healthy as possible. That is why I’m happy to say that working with our manufacturers, we’ve been able to get all the foams we use to be both CertiPUR-US certified as well as no longer using any FR chemicals (chemicals that are often added to help the foams pass the fire safety regulations).
What does CertiPUR-US certification for a foam mean? It is a pretty stringent standard.
CertiPUR-US® approved foams are:
* Made without ozone depleters
* Made without PBDE flame retardants
* Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals
* Made without formaldehyde
* Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
* Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
You can find out more about it at the CertiPUR-US website.
Not all foams meet these standards, so if making sure your foam meets these high standards in terms of emissions and chemicals used in making these foams, make sure they meet the CertiPUR-US standards and aren’t adding in any other chemicals to meet the FR standards.
To check out all the detailed information on our mattress — the different foams we use and how we layer them, how ours are compressed for easy shipment, etc — as well as over 380 customer reviews on our mattress, see our Memory Foam Mattress page.